Premier Lotto has pledged its support to sponsor the Nigeria National League (NNL), which commences on the 30th of January, 2021.
This was made known when the Nigeria National League (NNL) had its Annual General Assembly on Friday at the Salt Lake Hotel, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State capital.
The famed Premier Lotto in Nigeria, popularly known as ‘Baba Ijebu’ has pledged its support towards sponsoring the NNL when it commences in a fortnight.
The AGA also accepted the re-admission of FC Taraba, Real Stars, Jossy FC and Akajiobi FC(whose slot has been sold to Osun United) back to the NNL but with a caveat that they must fulfil all conditions for registration and participation in the NNL 2021 season.
The NNL AGA also approved the NNL forthcoming season to go on an abridged league format with two groups each in the Southern and Northern Conferences that will produce four teams to the NPFL at the end of the season.
In the meeting, other issues were also resolved as well, which are:
- The meeting thanked His Excellency, Governor Engr. David Nweze Umahi and the good people of Ebonyi State for creating the enabling atmosphere for the successful hosting of the AGM.
- The Congress appreciated the President of the Senate, Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency Distinguished Senator Ahmed Lawan, for hugely identifying with the NNL and for declaring the AGM open.
- The AGM praised the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for its usual support and fatherly guide to make NNL the Most Important League in Nigeria.
- The AGM observed a minute silence for erstwhile Chairman,Hon. Chidi Ofo Okenwa, NFF Board members Alh. Mohammed Duhu, Mr. Emmanuel Ibah and NFF Staff Mr. Tolu Abe who passed on in year 2020, and prayed God to continue to grant their souls eternal rest.
- The Meeting welcomed the presence and support of Premier Lotto (Baba Ijebu) for identifying with the NNL and their readiness to do business with the Nigeria National League going forward.
- The Congress passed a vote of explicit confidence on the Management Team of Nigeria National League led by Distinguished Senator Obinna Ogba for their resolve to improve the standard of the League beginning from the new season.
- The AGM okayed Friday 30th January, 2021 as the kick-off date for the 2020/2021 NNL soccer season.
- The meeting upon consideration of pleas from the four clubs (4) namely; FC Taraba, Real Stars FC, Jossy FC and Akajiobi FC which could not meet the registration guidelines in the aborted 2019/2020 League season and for the fact that the said season was cancelled, readmitted the clubs with a caveat that they must fulfill all conditions preceding for registration and participation in the NNL.
- The AGM agreed to adopt the Abridge League format of 4 groups for the 2020/2021 season.
- The AGM adopted the amended NNL rules and regulations as a guiding document for the 2020/2021 League Season.